The Many Gates to Caelum
Neverwinter is a large coastal city in the heart of human lands. With a busy port and active magical industry, the city flourishes. Humans comprise a large percentage of the 18000 or so citizens of this city, though a heavy Elvish presence is also felt, and the constant stream of ships bring in all manner of travelers to its gates. The Faelmyr River runs through the northern part of the city, bringing keelships loaded with trade goods to the harbor, before joining the Key’lan Ocean.
The city is composed of several main areas:
- The Docks are a simple area built around the harbors of the city. Many inns and small businesses are located here, to serve travelers and tradesmen passing through.
- Castle Neverwinter stands tall at the centre of this city, overlooking the river and harbors both. A tall stone palace, capped with blue shingles, stands surrounded by the homes and businesses of the noble and wealthy. In this area, the famed auction houses of Neverwinter can be found
- The Road of Piety runs through the southern part of Neverwinter. Along this long wide cobbled road can be found the major temples to Pelor, Erathis, and Lathandar, as well as a multitude of lesser temples to all manner of dieties.
- The Lower City is a residential area sprawling in-land from the docks along the river. It is comprised mainly of small hovels and houses, containing most of the city’s population.
- Mage’s Respite A small but important neighbourhood pressed between the Lower City and the estates near Castle Neverwinter contains the majority of arcane shops and research towers. Minor items can be found or comissioned here, though any item of power is distributed through the auction houses in the city.