The Many Gates to Caelum
A frigid and deserted village on the eponymous island
- Several hundred years ago, a human lord named Corwen, from the Westerlands, sought to found his own kingdom
- He built a small town far south of The Westerlands, near the border of Caligo, in a time where the two nations were much less amicable.
- The burgeoning town was attacked by Calogoian soldiers and razed, sending the survivors further south. This site is now called Broken Ridge
- The soldiers pursued the survivors south over months, while they tried to rebuild several times, until they were forced to flee the continent entirely
- They found a small frozen island, and built shelters to survive the elements, eventually gaining the name Corwens Folly, and he died soon after
*The island is now uninhabited by the descendents of these settlers, as The Fellowship rescued them and brought them back to Phandalin.
*The island was also inhabited by a Frost giant, some shipwrecked Hobgoblins to the west,, and Goliath tribes to the east. Some Goliath’s abandoned by their herd were incorporated into the village, and now live in Phandalin.