The Many Gates to Caelum
Caligo is a reclusive and powerful nation.
- The land ranges from frozen wastes in the south, to open plains and farmland, with forests and marsh nearer the mountain border to the north
- Ruled by the stern but reasonable Emperor Vocivus
- Capital is Tenebra Nox, built around a great citadel
- Populated by Elves, Humans, and Halflings, predominantly. Dragonborn are not rare.
- Every citizen is expected (required) to reach their maximum potential. A strictly organised chain of command determines what these duties are, and if they are being performed properly.
- A great majority of the nation is poor, as there is little frivolous wealth to be distributed
- There is little trade with the outside world, as Caligo is very self-sufficient
- Strict nepotism does not exist, but those from skilled backgrounds are more likely to become skilled in the same area than others.
- Those with magical inclination are sent to the Academia Perpessio in Strinosa at a very young age, to be trained.
- Trade and tourism with the outside world exists, but is largely restricted to Strinosa
- There is a dark and bloody history between Caligo and The Westerlands, resullting in a cold peace between the nations, bordering on conflict
- Peace is kept internally by The Voidguard, a Police/Military group that answers directly to The Emperor. They enforce his rule and oversee the rank-and-file troops in times of war